Thursday, October 18, 2007

This I know

This is a list of things I've learned (or at least remembered (or been inclined to lookup again)) while reading The Count of Monte Cristo. (Let the record show I haven't finished it yet, I am trying to finish Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power and then another book so I can return it to its owner.)

1)taciturn
2)sapient
3)indefatigable
4)alacrity
5)munificent
6)propitiate
7)probity
8)expiation
9)officious
10)loquacious
11)punctilious
12)pusillanimous
13)truckle
14)sagacious
15)disquieted
16)kine
17)canimus surdis (I'm still waiting to use this, it's a sweet aphorism)
18)aphorism
19)exordium
20)deign
21)venal
22)perspicacious
23)revenge is a dish best served cold and as a billionaire
24)mala ducis avi domum*

Suck on that GRE.

*This list was compiled in no particular order.

2 comments:

Wilshire said...

you are indefagitable.

Hot Topologic said...

How munificent of you, deigning to bless us with your almost indefatigable loquaciousness.