Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Continued Success

My loyal reader base my be familiar with my previous successes of crashing, I use the term loosely as I technically received invitations, events wherein I received free foodstuffs and drinks without doing too much more than showing up; a similar thing happened Thursday evening. A group was having a happy hour at a local drinking establishment, a classy one at that—proper dress was required. The people whom I came with and I ended up showing up a couple of minutes before the event technically began and as such had our run of the place for a while. I've been to happy hours before, and they typically have some beer and maybe some rail-style hard alcohol. This was not the case on Thursday evening. The only thing off limits was the 100 dollar a bottle scotch. I took this opportunity to sample some Black Bush Whiskey, some Tanqueray 10, and some Chimay Blue. For the uninitiated, Chimay Blue is a delightful Trappist Ale, brewed in Belgium of course, as all Trappist Ales are. I have sampled many types of beer in my day and this one ranks in the top two or three.

Needless to say, I, as lowly as I am on the Hill, have little to no influence on anyone or anything. As such, it is wasted dollars to lobby me, but I am more than happy to be lobbied. I'm still not quite sure what the organization was lobbying for, but all the better, I suppose.

No comments: