Thursday, November 8, 2007

Long Time No See

For all of my adoring fans who have been been complaining about me not updating the blog in a while, I've been busy. Back off.

In related news, I haven't been busy. I started a gym membership last week at the House Staff Fitness Center and it's a pretty nice facility. It's smaller than Shirk (for those of you who get the reference) but doesn't cost $40,000 a year in membership dues, so that's a plus. I go three days a week after work. I normally run about two miles then lift for about forty minutes. It's pretty sweet. I figure I'll ripped in like one or two more weeks. Look out ladies!

Work has been going steadily, ya know.

Yesterday I got to practice using my French. Président Sarkozy came over from France for a bunch of reasons, one of which was to give an address to a joint session of Congress. I scored our office's ticket and got to sit in the gallery whilst he gave his speech. It was pretty good and Mitch McConnell called it "Reaganesque." He is a very good orator, even when translated by a woman with a British accent. B.t. dubs, are there no Americans who speak French who might be able to do the translations for the U.S. Congress? Come on, John Kerry speaks French, why not let him do it? Which reminds me, I wonder if they ever changed Freedom Fries back to French fries in the Rayburn cafeteria.

For Halloween a coworker and I went to Baltimore for a party that a coworker's friend was holding. The coworker was a box of wine and I was Tom Cruise from Risky Business. I don't have much to say other than they apparently aren't sticklers for pants at the bars in Baltimore.

1 comment:

Wilshire said...

Listening to suspended, I am so ghey