Friday, November 16, 2007

Long Time No See Revisted

Hi intarwebs. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Right now my typing in inhibited because I apparently have a pinched nerve in my ring finger on my left hand--at least that's what the nurse in the attending physicians office told me. As a result my finger goes numb whenever my hang gets cold and takes a long time to de-numb itself.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Baltimore and something absolutely hilarious happened. It involves a black eye and a girl. If you want more details feel free to ask, but be warned I come off as a bigger asshole than I really am.

I found out earlier this week I am going to begin taking on new issues for my boss. They will involve foreign affairs/trade. I am very happy about this, as it is what I have wanted to do most since coming to Capitol Hill back when I was a junior in college. As a result of my soon-to-be new found responsibilities I was told it would be a good idea for me to go to a party last night. I don't want to say where it is, but I'll be more than happy to tell someone who isn't the entire internets. I went and it was pretty sweet. The party was at some country's embassy, and it was a country I'd never been before but all that changed yesterday. Thank you counting embassies as native soil law. I met the people I was supposed to meet and hope that I made a favorable impression on them.

More importantly, to me, is the delicious rum that had. It was a dark rum that was surprisingly sweet. Some website gave it a 91, which seems like that is a good number. Personally, I think that it is the best rum I've ever drunk. Sorry Admiral Nelson.

That's pretty much all for now, except to say that a pal and I are going to listen to Bach's Cello Suite tonight at the Kennedy Center, so that'll be cool. They tell me Yo Yo Ma won't be performing it but it should be good music, nevertheless.

Stay tuned for more info from the city that lacks a "J" street due to a rivalry between John Jay and Pierre L'Enfant.

Edit: After consulting various sources to check the accuracy of the previous statement, despite the high verisimilitude of the above fact, I discovered it is, in fact, an urban legend. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Hot Topologic said...

Mmm rum. Stupid Japan. I will have to go to a 酒ゴリラ。